French Honor Society president: Victoria Torres

Senior Victoria Torres poses for the picture. Torres has a multitude of responsibilities as French Honor Society president. Photo courtesy of Cristina Robles.

Cristina Robles, Class Sections Reporter

Being the French Honor Society (FHS) president requires organization, leadership skill, and maturity. 

Victoria Torres is a perfect example of an Honor Society president. 

However, the role of FHS President is not an easy task and is filled with responsibilities. 

Torres said, “I need to make sure that every event that FHS organizes goes according to plan; I have to keep everyone organized so the event doesn’t turn into a big mess.”

Apart from organizing events for FHS, Torres also organized a Valentine’s Day Gift Exchange with Cathedral. 

Torres said, “My favorite activity that we have done is the Valentine’s Day gift from this year.

“Even though it was new, I thought it was really successful and it was fun to get Cathedral involved.”  

Working closely with Madame and FHS Vice President Victoria Villarreal, Torres organizes La Petite Ecole, an after-school program at Loretto’s elementary school that teaches first-graders and kindergartners basic French.

Torres has had a long history of taking French. 

Torres said, “I have been taking French since the summer before freshman year — so three and a half years.” 

Remembering what drew her into the French language, Torres said, “I have always been drawn to French.

“Ever since I was little I took a few classes, nothing too extravagant.

“However, it wasn’t until I reached high school that I knew I wanted to be fluent.”  

Now in AP French, Torres still carries that same passion and drive for the language.