Loretto’s rising star

Danielle Leydon at Beacon Hills Recording Studio. Photo courtesy of her Instagram.

Cristina Robles, Entertainment and Class Sections Reporter

Loretto is known for producing successful women; however, the past couple of years there has been a star on the rise.

Danielle Leydon, currently a sophomore, is a singer with five songs out on Spotify, Youtube, and Apple Music.

Since she was little, Leydon enjoyed singing.

Leydon said, “I have always been very passionate about singing; when I was a little kid I would make up my own songs and I would show them to my parents.”

From there her passion for singing has evidently grown. 

Leydon was around 12 years old when she began going to the studio, and in her middle school years, she began recording her songs.

On August 24, 2018, Leydon released her single “What Was I Thinking?”, and since then her career has grown.

She has released a total of six songs, a couple of them being “Perfect Poison” released December 7, 2018, and “Wonderful” released on February 14, 2019.

Leydon’s plan for the future is unclear, but one thing she certainly wants to do is keep pursuing music.

“Honestly I don’t really know; I definitely want to continue doing this, it’s been a fun and amazing journey and I know that once we start pushing my name more out there it’s gonna get crazy and more fun,” Leydon said.

However, Leydon’s career is certainly taking off.

On December 22, 2019, Mix 93 FM played Danielle’s song “Perfect Poison” on the radio in LA.

Leydon said, “When I found out my song was being played on a radio in LA and Sacramento I was really surprised and super happy because hopefully more people listen to my songs…It was just a really nice feeling.”

As much as Leydon’s musical journey has grown, she is thankful to Loretto for all the memories and support.

Leydon said, “Honestly Loretto has been very supportive in my career… every time on Friday when they play one of my songs it makes me feel so nice.

“Everyone makes me feel so supported.

In addition, Leydon used Mrs. Marshall’s room, the red lockers, and the mural outside the art room to film the music video for “Wonderful.”

As Leydon’s career takes off, she shows us how hardworking Loretto girls are.