Fall at Loretto

From left to right: Melina Olivas, Mr. Sanchez, Victoria Villarreal, and Mrs. Ng. Seniors Olivas and Villarreal dressed as their teachers on Halloween and were a student favorite this year. Photo courtesy of Sophia Navarro.

Iliana Moreno, Loretto News Co-Editor

Fall proved to be an event-filled season, including events from school plays to girls attending a spooky horror show that sent chills down people’s spines.

Right before Halloween, the drama club put together a Horror Show for fellow students and parents.

Several other clubs held fundraisers at the event, ranging from robotics to the environmental club.

Students enjoyed their time going through a scary haunted house and getting the opportunity to throw a pie at a teacher’s face.

Mrs. Melby suiting up for Loretto’s Horror Show pie booth. Photo courtesy of the author.

Sophomore Danielle Leydon, actress in the drama club, said, “The best reactions were of the people who actually got scared.” 

Come Halloween day, Loretto’s students dressed in costumes ranging from princesses to creepy clowns. 

Loretto’s student council put on a Halloween assembly, incorporating fun games and cheesy jokes. 

Class presidents and class volunteers played games ranging from a candy-corn catching contest to best costume.

Winners of best pair costume went to seniors Melina Olivas and Victoria Villarreal, who dressed as Loretto’s very own Mr. Sanchez and Mrs. Ng. 

November started off with the play Bloody Murder, put on by Loretto’s Drama Club.

Sophomore Elizabeth Gunnison, who played Chief Inspector Phelps in the play, said, “We started working on Bloody Murder in mid-September.”

Loretto Drama Club’s playbook for Bloody Murder. The play premiered on November 7, 2019. Photo courtesy of the author.

The hard work paid off, as the Little Theater reached close to maximum capacity on the first Friday and was filled with laughter and surprise during the murder mystery show.

As the first semester draws to a close, fun events during fall remind students of the fast-approaching finals week — but allow them to enjoy themselves before the dreaded week.