Sophomore retreat brings newfound sisterhood

The sophomores gather around in a circle to work on a bonding activity. The sophomore retreat is an opportunity to get closer to God and one another. Photo courtesy of Sofia Sapien.

Sybonae Acosta, Class Sections Editor

As faith being one of Loretto Academy’s core values, it is important for Loretto to instill that value into its student body.

The sophomore retreat is a spiritual experience that each class experiences as sophomores.

The sophomore retreat took place on November 19, 2019. 

During the retreat the girls participated in various bonding activities based around faith. 

Sophomore Andrea Carranco said, “My favorite activity was when we got together in little groups and talked to each other about how we were feeling.

“We all talked about how we have to forgive in order to move on, and I thought that was very moving.”

The retreat is also intended to teach the sophomores life lessons and morals that are important to carry into adulthood.

Sophomore Lyza Vargas said, “We did activities about how it’s not good to be greedy and how to let things go.

“If you have a grudge or something, just let it go; you aren’t going to gain anything.”

The retreat also helped bring the sophomore class together in order to create a stronger sisterhood. 

Carranco said, “I thought the retreat was really fun because we got to make each other better and we became a sisterhood.”

Having a moment of bonding focused on faith is crucial to the development of the sisterhood that Loretto Academy strives to achieve within each classification.

The sophomore retreat was a success and left the sophomore class filled with a sense of community within one another.