Field Day 2019, Better than ever

A day of colors and unity. LAA staff pictured playing against freshmen. Senior wall on the background displaying their school spirit, besides the senior dancing.

Daniela Martell, Sports Editor

Field Day is a day to not worry about anything other than screaming and winning.

After experiencing Spirit Week by just dressing up, Loretto spices up things.

Students and administration show their school spirit and determination to win.

Field Day always gets better and better, and this year, it did not disappoint. 

The walls looked amazing with the class posters, and the girls looked extra cheerful with their faces painted. 

The variety of activities of Field Day made it even better. 

This year in the volleyball and basketball games, Loretto Athletic Association (LAA) included the girls who are not part of the teams so that they can have a chance to play too. 

It definitely made it a more entertaining activity.

Sophomore class president, Aurorasofia Zepeda, said, “My favorite part of Field Day was playing games with my fellow sophomores, and watching the teacher dance off.”

Senior Zoe Andritsos said, “My favorite part about Field Day was watching the senior dance.”

The scores of this year’s Field Day were very close!

Freshmen ended with 2005, sophomores with 2825, juniors with 2650, and last but not least, the champions of Field Day, the seniors with 3760!

Despite who won, Field Day is one of the many traditions that strengthens our sisterhood.

Zepeda said, “Field Day brought us all together, especially since we were separated into teams. It strengthens our trust in one another and helps us get to know each other better.”

Junior Analia Cortez said, “ I felt like this year was a lot more about being close together.”

It is safe to say that this year’s Field Day was a success.