Loretto’s summer upgrades

The new science lab, showcasing the new fume hood. Students and science teachers of Loretto can get hands-on for science experiments. Photo courtesy of the author.

Iliana Moreno, Loretto News Co-Editor

After a long and blissful summer, Loretto’s 2019-2020 students came back to school with high hopes, new skirts, and upgrades to the school’s gym and science lab.

From students to faculty, the remodeling came as a pleasant surprise and is enjoyed all around.

The high school science lab went through total renovation, from sinks to a new fume hood — which has excited Loretto’s science department the most. 

Mr. Sanchez, science teacher for juniors and seniors, described his favorite part of the lab, saying, “irela, the new fume hood because we can do experiments with toxic fumes.”

Freshman, sophomore, and junior high school teacher Ms. Gonzalez said, “We have an incubator, it’s really cool.”

Mr. Sanchez’s classes have already used the lab twice, although Mr. Sanchez said, “We’re still supplying the lab with chemicals.” 

The gym experienced major upgrades as well, ranging from new bathrooms to upgraded showers and shiny, polished floors. 

“Students enjoy the bathrooms and showers the most, and parents notice the floors,” said Mrs. Angela Glover, Loretto’s athletic director.

Students are left happy along with parents who are enjoying renovated floors, bathrooms, and even new showers.

Loretto’s gym, showing off its new shiny floor. Students can enjoy Loretto’s refreshed look. Photo courtesy of the author.

Loretto’s renovations came as a joy to not only the athletes and students but the parents and faculty as well.

Loretto’s summer upgrades enhance the student’s abilities to learn hands-on in the science lab and will make the school’s student athletes happy to practice in a new facility.