Hole in one

Photo taken at the hole the Loretto staff dedicated to R.J., where the Brockmans were playing. Photo courtesy of Angela Glover.

Victoria DuBois, Sports Reporter

The 19th annual golf tournament took place on September 20, 2019 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Butterfield Trail Golf Club. 

There was a maximum of 120 players, and there is an entry fee of $125.00, which includes snacks and a ticket for the raffle.

There are four different contests that a player could enter, which are the Shotgun Start, Hole-In-One contest, Closest to the Pin contest, and Longest Drive contest. 

The girls from the Loretto Athletic Association (LAA) went to help around during the tournament.

The Loretto sports also donated gift-cards to make a basket to give away at the raffle.  

Madison Leyva, a member of the LAA, said, “The Loretto Golf Tournament is something where we collect different sponsors to play golf, and sponsors donate baskets which are put off for the raffle and chosen at random from raffle tickets that are bought from the people that attend the golf tournament.” 

Money raised in the golf tournament was for scholarship benefits for the Elementary and Middle/High School.