The end of an era – my final goodbye to the Prax

Nicole Revilla, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Hello fellow Prax readers! As Co-Editor-in-Chief I’d like to take some time to reflect on my year writing for the Prax.

I’d also like to take a moment to stray away from my usual relatively serious reporting and talk about just how much that serious reporting has meant to me.

What a whirlwind of a year it’s been. Senior year has definitely been the most challenging of my 4 years of high school! However it has also been the most memorable.

After taking an intensive journalism program last summer, I decided to join the Prax.

I decided to join because I realized just how important journalism is, especially in the current time we live in. It’s important to know what is going around you, and journalism is the gateway to that.

If you have been an avid reader of our online newspaper (first off, let me give you a huge thank you for supporting our school newspaper and keeping up to date with current events) then you would know that I tend to enjoy writing a lot about politics and current worldwide happenings.

Writing about politics and national news has been my favorite subject to cover at the Prax, especially with such a vast variety of events that we have witnessed!

I want you all to know what a pleasure it has been to write for the Prax, I put my heart into what I write — I always try to research both sides of an event and try my very, very best to give accurate tellings to my readers.

I have had such an amazing time during my time working for the school newspaper, my mind has opened to so many things, and yes, I have become sort of an “adult” by turning on notifications for news updates on my phone and social media networks.. Hey, it’s important to know what is happening around you!

This is why I believe any student at Loretto that is thinking of taking Journalism should definitely not hesitate, it has definitely been one of the highlights of my senior year.

And with that I’ll leave you all with a final goodbye; as I start the next chapter of my life, I leave Loretto with a full and grateful heart.

Thank you all for the support, I hope you all have enjoyed reading the Prax as much as I have enjoyed being a part of it.